Xicon are a Cloud Computing hosting company with a wide range of hosted and supported customers.
We are looking for a 1st Line Engineer to provide professional, efficient, proactive and reactionary inbound IT support throughout our customer base. As the 1st Line Support Engineer you will be the first port of call for technical support requests. This is an ideal role for someone bright and motivated, giving plenty of opportunity for excellent career progression and training.
The 1st Line Support Engineer will see all support requests through to end resolution via first time fix or call escalation throughout the engineering team. All the while maintaining a strong customer service focused approach ensuring the highest levels of technical assistance and customer satisfaction.
You will have experience of providing hands-on Windows desktop and Windows server support and will be looking to develop your knowledge to include multi-tenanted Cloud hosting solutions using Microsoft technologies.
As a 1st Line Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely and accurate responses to customer and internal related 1st line technical issues.
- Providing direct end user advice and training
- Ensuring all customers are kept up-to-date in a professional timely, customer service driven fashion.
- Ensuring completed work is logged in full against relevant job and is accountable via Service Desk tickets.
- Escalating technical support calls correctly to management staff.
- Liaising with the management team regarding any customer concerns, on-going technical support incidents and outstanding work.
- To participate in general staff meetings constructively ensuring all information regarding on-going tickets, tasks and general issues are reported within the meeting.
To apply, you will require the following attributes:
- A Degree or HND level education
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Aptitude to thrive in a fast paced role
- Ability to work on your own and in a team environment sharing information with your colleagues
- Good time management skills; able to meet request due by times.
- Ability to write clear, well-structured instructions
- Have a keen interest in keeping up to date with new technologies and various 3rd party technology products. This may involve self-learning and a willingness to participate in internal and/or external training courses which may involve out of hours working
Required skills and experience:
- First Line Support
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft AD
- Microsoft O365
- Windows Server
A keen interest in Microsoft technologies is key.
Desirable, but not essential experience includes:
- ITIL Helpdesk Processes
- HyperVisor Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Citrix (XenApp, XenDesktop, Netscaler)
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- Network Security and Endpoint Protection
The role is primarily office based although the candidate may be expected to undertake work on customer site for short periods, particularly during the Cloud on-boarding process or to attend meetings.
Xicon strives through its policies and working procedures to achieve Equal Opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all employees regardless of their sex, colour, race, nationality or ethnic origin
All candidates are expected to adhere to all security responsibilities applicable to their role as defined Xicon’s ISO27001 ISMS Procedures & Documentation.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com